The following information is provided to help you in the process of preparing for your recital (if your program requires a recital). The recital program must be approved prior to scheduling your recital.
1. Complete the Recital Approval Form by obtaining signatures from your teacher and Division Director.
2. Submit signed Recital Approval Form for Graduate Committee review to the staff Graduate Advisor (1642 SMB).
3. Upload program to recital review site at https://recitals.music.ucla.edu/recital/; you can set a recital date only after the program has been approved. The first step in submitting your recital is to initially supply the following items (click on "Recital Request" tab):
· Provide recital level
· Your Instrument or voice
· Upload your program as a word doc, a jpg, or as a pdf
· Your program information will be received by the Graduate Committee for review and approval. You will be notified by email when they approve or request changes to your program. You will be notified by your UCLA Logon Id email account.
· Once your program is approved, you will be able to schedule the theatre for your recital online at Theatre Availability and Reservations. Since all committee members must attend your recital, you should make sure they are able to attend your recital on the established date. (The MM committee must be composed of at least three faculty members, two of whom must be senate faculty members. Your major teacher is one member; you must nominate the others.)
· When you have confirmed your faculty, and reserved your theatre venue online, you will be able to return here (click on "Edit Recital" tab) and provide the rest of the information regarding your recital. You will then be able to add the recital location, your invited faculty members, and other details about your recital.
· After your recital performance, your invited faculty members will provide an online review and your grade for the recital. You will be able to read the evaluations your committee members have submitted here. Please allow at least two days after the recital before reminding your committee members to submit the review.
· After the concert, you may be asked to upload a sound file, which would also take place by returning to this site.